At Get More Vits we are dedicated to helping the environment and building a more sustainable future. We are always exploring ways to limit our footprint on the planet.
Since launching in 2013 we have made significant steps in order to reduce our use of plastics and limit our impact on the environment as much as we can.
From the start we decided to use UK based sources as much as possible, this includes spring water drawn from Hadrian’s Spring in the Cheviot Hills as well as all the packaging for our bottled drinks.
Each and every aspect of our plastic bottles are already recyclable and we are constantly reviewing options for alternative sources of material. We recently slimmed down the amount of plastic used to manufacture our 500ml bottles from 28g to 22g and are currently exploring new suppliers in order to lower this further.
At the moment, we still see a place for resealable plastic bottles, enabling customers to enjoy our drinks on the go. However, our long-term goal is that all production will be made from 100% recycled materials with our first target to have bottles made from 50% recycled plastic content by the end of 2020.
In 2019 we launched some of our range into aluminium cans, which are manufactured using a much higher percentage of recycled material as an alternative to plastic. This sparkling selection includes Mango & Passionfruit Vitamin D, Apple & Raspberry B Vitamins, Lemon & Lime Multivitamins and Tropical flavoured Active BCAA.
Unfortunately, there is no quick-fix solution to the worlds’ plastics problem and we all need to work together – governments, businesses and individuals to do our best for the environment and take action, at Get More Vits this is top of our priority list.
8 ways to reduce your plastic usage:
- Carry a reusable coffee cup or flask – did you know that around seven million coffee cups are thrown away every day in the UK? And less than 1% of these can be recycled.
- Invest in a good quality glass or reusable plastic bottle that is ‘BPA free’ to avoid potentially harmful chemicals seeping into drinks.
- Take your own cutlery from home or buy a reusable set for lunch on the go.
- Say no to straws when out and about or invest in metal straws you can use at home.
- Don’t use cling film which cannot be recycled, use foil instead or try beeswax wraps which are easily reusable with a quick wash.
- Some teabags are sealed with plastic – be sure to choose biodegradable or invest in a tea pot or tea strainer and opt for loose leaf instead.
- Say goodbye to glitter – made from microplastics they are bad news for our oceans. Don’t worry though, some glitter brands are now fully biodegradable, like Ecostardust.
- Get your milk delivered – yes this is still a thing! A quick google is all it takes to find out if this is available in your area and many companies also deliver lots of other fresh goodies including fruit, veg and pastries.