Beat the Easter bunny at his own game with these simple homemade chocolates from Becky Graham, The Healthy Hedonist.
You can make this recipe using coconut oil rather than cacao butter, simply switch and then double up on cocoa powder. However, for best results, look out get your hands on these specialty ingredients and get prepare to get experimental – I promise it’s easier than you think.
Our number 1 chocolate mineral magnesium can help our bodies make the most of certain vitamins, so to maximise those benefits sip on a bottle of Get More Multivitamins for a whole spectrum of health loving goodness.
- 200 g chopped raw cacao butter
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 50g cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- Optional toppings: nuts, seeds, goji berries, coconut flakes
Weighing scales! Medium Tupperware container – this makes a large bar to be broken into shards. Or choose chocolate moulds for a pro finish
- Boil the kettle then add the boiling water to a large saucepan and simmer.
- Finely chop the cacao butter.
- Use a glass bowl and place above the water to create a bain marie.
- Add cacao butter and warm through until melted.
- Add maple syrup and heat for a couple more minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cacao powder and mix well.
- Sprinkle toppings into Tupperware (or chocolate moulds).
- Carefully pour or spoon in chocolate to cover additional ingredients, then freeze for 1 hour.
Enjoy straight from the freezer or keep in the fridge for later!