Healthy & Simple Coronation Quiche
This crustless quiche is healthy, simple and fit for a king!
Skipping the butter rich pastry is a good idea if you’re trying to watch your waistline, and while most quiche recipes go heavy on the double cream, we have swapped it out for low-fat cream cheese (you can also go low-fat on the milk and cheddar if you fancy).
In comparison to the King's official coronation quiche recipe we have decided to pack in more nutritional goodness with extra vegetables:
- Asparagus contains vitamin C, vitamin B6, iron, magnesium and calcium
- Spinach is a great source of folate and vitamin A as well as magnesium, potassium, iron and calcium
- Broad beans add extra protein, fibre, B vits and zinc
- 6 large eggs
- 80ml milk
- 200g low-fat cream cheese
- 100g cheddar, grated
- 180g cooked spinach, liquid squeezed out and lightly chopped
- 100g cooked broad beans (frozen is fine)
- 1 bunch asparagus - chopped & steamed
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Prep your veg. Steam the spinach, asparagus and broad beans either in the microwave with a little water in a bowl or on the hob in a saucepan.
- Add eggs, milk, cream cheese, half the cheddar (50g) and chopped tarragon to a large mixing bowl and gently whisk.
- Add cooked veg to a 23cm quiche tin/dish and pour over the egg mixture.
- Bake for 30 mins, allow to cool slightly before tucking in!
The perfect accompaniment to this delicious, nutritious quiche is an ice cold can or bottle of Get More Vits. Pick up a bottle in Sainsburys, Tesco or Asda today! Our 4-pack of cans can also be found in Sainsburys.